Asian-Style Chicken Wraps
We cooked the rotisserie chicken in step 1 to warm the meat and crisp the skin. If roasting your own chicken, continue cooking it until skin is very dark, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Everyday Food, June 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 cooked chicken (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 8 store-bought crepes (4 1/2-ounce package)
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 6 scallions, slivered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet; cook until skin is very dark and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut breast meat (with skin) from bone, and slice thinly across the grain; pull bones from legs, and shred meat and skin.
- Stack crepes on a microwave-safe plate, and cover with a paper towel; microwave just until warm and pliable, 15 to 25 seconds.
- Trim roots and ends from scallions and discard. Wash well, and dry with paper towel. Cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces. Slice pieces lengthwise as thinly as possible.
- Pour hoisin sauce into a small serving dish; arrange sauce, crepes, chicken, and scallions on a platter. Let guests assemble wraps.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.