- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 pints Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices, each slice halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, 10 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and toss in apple. Return to oven; roast until Brussels sprouts are browned and tender and apple has softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss vegetables with vinegar, and serve immediately.
Prepare recipe through step 2; store at room temperature up to 4 hours. To serve hot, spread vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in a 350 degree oven until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Proceed with step 3.