Grilled Chocolate and Apricot Sandwiches
Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (preferably at least 70 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 16 dried apricots, halved horizontally
- 4 pieces baguette (each about 5 inches long), split lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Divide chocolate and apricots among bottom halves of baguette, and sprinkle with salt. Sandwich with top halves.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Wrap the underside of a heavy skillet with foil. Place 2 sandwiches, top sides down, in grill pan. Top with skillet, and cook for 2 minutes. Flip, top with skillet, and cook until the chocolate has melted, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.