In this Italian dessert, scoops of ice cream are doused in espresso (or sometimes a liqueur). Hence the name gelato affogato, "drowned ice cream."
Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 pints chocolate gelato or ice cream
- 2 cups freshly brewed espresso
- Biscotti, for serving (optional)
- Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Place 2 scoops gelato into each of 4 glasses. Pour 1/2 cup hot
espresso over tops of each, just to cover. Top with whipped
cream, and serve with biscotti if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.