This novel take on succotash brings together fresh beans, corn, sugar snap peas, and tomatoes with an avocado dressing.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 6 ounces fresh cranberry beans, shucked
- 4 ounces each haricots verts and wax beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas
- 3 garlic scapes, cut into 1-inch lengths (optional)
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 avocado, cut into 6 wedges, then cut crosswise into thirds
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Cook cranberry beans in a large pot of salted boiling water until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath. Drain. Repeat with haricots verts, wax beans, and sugar snap peas, cooking together for 2 minutes. Repeat with scapes if using, cooking for 1 minute. Repeat with corn, cooking for 2 minutes. Cut kernels off cobs.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and tarragon in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and mash in 3 avocado pieces. Place cooked vegetables, remaining avocado, and the tomatoes in a large bowl, and toss with dressing. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.