The intense dry heat of the oven concentrates and deepens flavor.
Blueprint, March/April 2007
- 1 pound green asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 pound white asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven just until tender, or about 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.