Tomato, Sweet Onion, and Celery Salad
- 2 to 3 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick
- 1 sweet onion, preferably Vidalia, sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick
- 3 celery stalks with leaves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Arrange tomatoes, onion, celery, and celery leaves on a serving plate. Sprinkle with basil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and cream; whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.