Roasted Cipollini Onions and Treviso
This recipe courtesy of Chris Cosentino.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 18 small cipollini onions
- 4 heads treviso, halved lengthwise, leaves removed, rinsed, and dried
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat; reduce heat to low. Add onions; cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add thyme; transfer skillet to oven, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Return skillet to stove over medium heat; remove thyme. Add garlic, and cook until sizzling; add treviso. Deglaze pan with chicken stock, using a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.