Sauteed Red Cabbage With Raisins
Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red cabbage (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 small shallots, quartered and separated into layers (about 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add cabbage and shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage has softened slightly, about 15 minutes. Stir in salt, lemon juice, and vinegar. Season with pepper. Cook until cabbage has wilted and shallots have softened, 10 to 12 minutes more. Stir in raisins; serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.