White Bean and Mushroom Ragout
This ragout is meant to be a side dish, but it can be served with a green salad for a light lunch.
Martha Stewart Living, February/March 1994
- 1/2 pound assorted wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles and cremini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Carefully brush mushrooms with a mushroom brush or towel to remove dirt. Cut larger mushrooms in half or into 1/2-inch slices; keep smaller mushrooms whole.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 minutes, until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add wine, beans and 1/4 cup water; cook for 3 minutes more, until mushrooms are soft and beans are heated through. Adjust seasonings, and keep warm until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.