Corn, Tomato, and Basil Pasta
- 1 pound medium shell pasta
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small leeks, white and light green parts, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise, and well washed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels (4 to 5 ears)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large pinch red-pepper flakes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces ricotta salata cheese, crumbled or shaved
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and a generous amount of salt. Cook until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, and run under cold water to cool. Drain well; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks, and cook until translucent, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add corn. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until color is set, and the corn is heated through, 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove from heat; let stand until cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, corn mixture, tomatoes, basil, parsley, lemon juice, and cheese. Toss to combine. Taste, and adjust for seasoning.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.