Orange, Fennel, and Olive Salad with Red-Pepper Flakes
Everyday Food, November 2009
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, reserving 1 to 2 tablespoons fronds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup small olives, such as Nicoise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Red-pepper flakes
- Halve, core, and thinly slice bulb
(preferably on a mandoline). In a bowl, toss fennel with 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- Slice away peel and pith of oranges and cut flesh into segments. Add to bowl with fennel and stir in small olives such as Nicoise, reserved fennel fronds, and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with coarse salt, ground pepper, and red-pepper flakes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.