Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Drunken Prunes, and Amaretti
Serve this sweet potato gnocchi recipe from "Pasta Sfoglia," by Colleen and Ron Suhanosky, for an unforgettable meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2009
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pitted prunes
- 1 cup dry Marsala
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi (http://www.marthastewart.com/256034/sweet-potato-gnocchi)
- 6 amaretti cookies (3 double packages), crushed
- Add prunes and Marsala to a medium skillet. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with 4 quarts water; season with salt, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add butter to skillet with prunes and Marsala and return to high heat; cook until butter is melted.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water; cook until gnocchi rise to the top. Continue cooking 1 minute more. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water to skillet with prune mixture. Using a wire-mesh skimmer, transfer gnocchi to a warm, shallow serving platter. Pour prune mixture over top.
- Garnish with crushed amaretti; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.