Pasta with Ricotta and Bottarga
This delcious pasta recipe is courtesy of chef Eficio Farris and can be found in his "Sweet Myrtle and Bitter Honey" cookbook.
Special thanks to Laurie Smith for providing the photograph.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound short tubular pasta, such as malloreddus
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sheep's milk ricotta cheese (or other creamy ricotta cheese)
- 4 tablespoons grated bottarga
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat heavy cream in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add ricotta and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and well combined, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons bottarga and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to ricotta mixture. Add parsley and toss until well combined; stir in olive oil. Transfer pasta to a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons bottarga. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.