Grilled Asparagus with Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette
Choose spears that are smooth and vigorous, with trim, tight tips.
Martha Stewart Living, April 1999
- 2 pounds jumbo asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces pea shoots, for garnish (optional)
- Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/256725/caramelized-shallot-vinaigrette)
- Heat grill or a grill pan until medium hot. Snap off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus. Place asparagus in a bowl. Drizzle oil over asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning every few minutes, until tender, about 12 minutes. Garnish with pea shoots, if desired; serve with vinaigrette.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.