Serve this not-too-sweet strawberry butter atop hot biscuits for a delicious brunch. Just a little bit of table salt heightens the flavor of the berries.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
Yield Makes about 1 2/3 cups
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hulled and coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and salt until light about 1 minute. Add strawberries and beat until combined, but not totally uniform.
- Transfer to ramekins or small serving dishes. Chill until ready to serve, or transfer to 2 sheets of plastic wrap, roll each into log, and freeze up to 2 months. Thaw before using. Serve at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.