- 1 small pineapple
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Using a large serrated knife, cut off top and bottom of the pineapple, just deep enough to expose the flesh. Stand pineapple on one end on a cutting board; begin cutting away the skin, from top to bottom, rotating pineapple on board until all skin is removed.
- Cut pineapple crosswise into 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick slices. Using a small biscuit cutter, core each slice and discard. Transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine honey and lime juice. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of pineapple with mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over slices. Grill 3 minutes, until golden brown. Garnish with mint leaves; serve hot or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.