Scallops with Leeks in Champagne Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 large leeks, white parts only, well washed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup dry champagne
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Add shallots, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add leeks and champagne; season with salt and pepper. Cook until leeks are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to skillet in a single layer, and cook until just golden brown on both sides. Remove scallops; set aside. Divide leek mixture between 4 plates. Top with scallops, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.