- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted, plus more for casserole
- 1 recipe Cornbread, day old
- 1 loaf <u>Pumpkin Challah</u>, day old, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups <u>Homemade Chicken Stock</u>, or low-sodium canned chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a large casserole dish, and set aside. Place cornbread and challah in a large bowl with apricots, cranberries, cherries, figs, sage, marjoram, salt, and pepper, and toss well. Pour chicken stock and melted butter over mixture, and stir to combine.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole. Bake uncovered until golden brown on top and heated through, 45 minutes. If stuffing becomes too brown while baking, tent with aluminum foil.
If you do not make the pumpkin challah, substitute a rich store-bought brioche or challah.