Truffled Mashed Potatoes
Martha Stewart Living, February/March
- 2 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons truffle butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a medium stockpot, and cover with cold water. Add salt. Place over high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, and cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain well, then press through a ricer into a medium bowl.
- While potatoes are cooking, place milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat just until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and keep warm.
- Add milk, then truffle butter and pepper, to potatoes, stirring until butter is completely melted. Season with salt.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.