Roasted Chicken Oreganato
No matter how little time you have for cooking, you needn't sacrifice taste or nutrition in the name of convenience. This delicious one-dish meal, which combines succulent roasted chicken with assorted tomatoes and potatoes, requires only 45 minutes of cooking time.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2002
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into medium-size chunks
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into medium-size chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into medium-size chunks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack in upper third. Combine the chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, and onion in a large roasting pan. Add the olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, over the top of the vegetables. Roast until the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 170 degrees, about 45 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.