Crispy-Skin Salmon Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
This fabulous recipe for crispy-skin salmon salad is featured in "Relaxed Cooking with Curtis Stone."
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2009
- 16 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin-on
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 4 ounces mixed baby lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to oven and roast until tomatoes begin to split, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, score skin side of salmon fillets; season with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin-side down in a large, heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet. Place skillet over medium-low heat. Increase heat to high and cook until skin is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn salmon and continue cooking until salmon is just pink in the center, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, grapeseed oil, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place a 3-inch round cutter in the center of a serving plate and mound a quarter of the lettuce leaves into cutter. Remove cutter and repeat process on three more serving plates.
- Top each salad with a piece of salmon and some of the tomatoes; drizzle with lime-juice mixture. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.