Photo: Tara Donne
Raspberry Sorbet with Fresh Whipped Cream
Using frozen raspberries makes this vibrant sorbet a snap to prepare. (No ice cream maker necessary!)
Martha Stewart Living, July 2010
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen raspberries or 3 cups fresh raspberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Stir together water and 1/4 cup sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Pulse raspberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. With machine running, pour in sugar-water; pulse until mixture is smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk cream and remaining tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form.
- Scoop sorbet into 4 glasses, and top with whipped cream.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.