Run for the Roses Pie
This delicious pie recipe is courtesy of Brad and John Hennegan.
The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2008
Yield Makes one 9-inch pie
- 1/2 recipe Pate Brisee (http://www.marthastewart.com/281029/pate-brisee)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll pate brisee into a 12-inch round. With a dry pastry brush, sweep off the excess flour; fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate, pressing it into the edges. Trim to a 1-inch overhang all around. Crimp edge as desired. Cover with plastic wrap; chill pie shell until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick bottom of dough all over with a fork. Line with parchment paper, leaving at least a 1-inch overhang. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edges of the crust are just beginning to turn golden, about 25 minutes. Remove parchment and pie weights. Return crust to oven and continue baking until golden all over, about 5 minutes more. Transfer pie shell to a wire rack; let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs and butter. Add sugar and flour; mix until well combined. Stir in pecans, chocolate chips, and bourbon. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Transfer pie to oven and bake until filling is set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cool before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.