Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies
Everyday Food, May 2007
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for fingertips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 chocolate-covered toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and egg; beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture. Stir in toffee.
- Using 1 level tablespoon batter per cookie, drop onto baking sheets, about 1 inch apart; flatten slightly with floured fingertips. Bake until edges are golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies immediately to a wire rack to cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.