Tuna Burgers with Wasabi Mayonnaise
This simple-to-make meal is a healthy and delicious variation on the traditional burger recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sushi-grade tuna, very finely chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, trimmed and minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Canola oil, for cooking
- 1/2 bunch arugula
- Wasabi Mayonnaise (http://www.marthastewart.com/263314/wasabi-mayonnaise)
- Place vinegar and sugar in small bowl. Slowly whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil to form an emulsion; season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place tuna, scallions, soy, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sesame oil, and lemon zest in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Mix well, using your hands, to combine. Divide tuna mixture into six equal portions and form each portion into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add enough canola oil to coat bottom of skillet. Add patties, and cook until medium-rare, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place arugula in a large bowl, drizzle with reserved dressing, and toss to combine. Divide arugula evenly between 6 plates. Place one patty on each bed of arugula; serve immediately with wasabi mayonnaise.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.