Cilantro Lime Rice
Serve this flavorful rice with chef Jamie Oliver's Chicken Tikka Masala.
Photo credit: David Loftus and Chris Terry
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- Sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, leaves removed and stems chopped
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 2 limes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Rinse rice under running water until water runs clear, about 1 minute.
- Add rice to boiling water. When rice begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes. Drain rice in a colander.
- Fill pot 1 inch high with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to a simmer. Set rice-filled colander over simmering water. Cover with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil or a lid and steam rice, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl. Add cilantro leaves, stems, lime zest, and juice; stir to combine. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.