Roasted Tomato-Chipotle Salsa
Chipotles in adobo are a great way to add intense heat and a rich, sweet, smoky flavor to sauces and other dishes.
Everyday Food, May 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, cored and halved
- 1 thinly sliced medium onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 to 2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat broiler. On a broiler-proof sheet pan, toss tomatoes with onion, oil, salt, and pepper. Broil until charred in spots, 15 to 20 minutes; cool.
- Transfer contents of sheet pan to a food processor; add chipotles, cilantro, and lime juice. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.