Salmon Nicoise Salad
If using leftover potatoes and green beans, skip step 1 and 2 and begin with step 3.
Everyday Food, May 2005
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 heads Boston lettuce
- Steamed Green Beans (http://www.marthastewart.com/284166/steamed-green-beans)
- Rosemary Potatoes (http://www.marthastewart.com/263038/rosemary-potatoes)
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 3 Hard-Cooked Eggs (http://www.marthastewart.com/259448/hard-cooked-eggs)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 jar or tin (2.8 ounces) anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata (or black) olives
- Dijon Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/281543/dijon-vinaigrette)
- In a 5-quart pot, bring 1/2 inch water to a boil; add salt and twelve ounces (four to five) new potatoes. Cover; cook, turning occasionally, until tender, 14 to 16 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a bowl. Set aside to cool. Add eight ounces green beans to the pot of boiling water. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Rinse under cool water, and set aside.
- Fill a deep skillet with 1/4 inch water. Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper; place in skillet. Bring water to a gentle simmer; cover, and cook until salmon is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate; flake with a fork, and let cool.
- While salmon is cooking, tear lettuce into pieces, quarter potatoes and tomatoes, peel and quarter eggs, and thinly slice onion.
- On a large platter (or four serving plates), arrange lettuce, salmon, green beans, potatoes, eggs, tomatoes, onion, anchovies (if using), and olives. Serve with Dijon Vinaigrette on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.