Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Photography: LISA HUBBARD
Martha Stewart Living, October 2001
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet-potato rounds with olive oil, thyme, garlic, red pepper, and salt.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, garnish with thyme sprigs, and place in oven. Roast until tender and starting to brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.