Haricots Verts with Pecans and Lemon
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living, October Fall 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound haricots verts or thin green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt and haricots verts. Cook beans until bright green and crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, spread pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Coarsely chop nuts when they are cool enough to handle.
- Whisk vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; season with pepper. Whisking constantly, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Just before serving, gently toss beans with vinaigrette and chopped nuts; sprinkle with zest. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.