Green Salad with Chickpeas
Chickpeas, white balsamic vinegar, and honey join olives, tomatoes, red onion, and greens for a new twist on a Greek salad. You can use white-wine vinegar in place of the balsamic -- just add more honey to taste.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2010
For the Salad
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (from one 14-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup Cerignola or other green olives
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Make the salad: Mix together lettuce, tomatoes, chickpeas,
olives, and onion.
- Make the dressing: Combine vinegar and honey. Pour
in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until
emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving; toss to coat.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.