This simple Italian sauce brings summery flavor to all sorts of dishes, including pizza.
Everyday Food, September 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto (http://www.marthastewart.com/337337/basil-pesto), (two cubes defrosted)
- 2 precooked store-bought pizza crusts (8 inches)
- 1 sliced plum tomato
- 2 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread basil pesto on each of two pizza crusts.
- Layer each crust with plum tomato; sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese. (Or, layer with just cheese, using 3 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella.) Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet; bake until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Slice, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.