Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
You can prepare the salad ingredients and the dressing ahead of time; keep separately in covered containers (refrigerate salad). Follow step 2 just before serving.
Everyday Food, December 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1/2 pound (2 large) carrots, peeled and shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 12 ounces mixed greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sweet and Spicy Almonds (http://www.marthastewart.com/284871/sweet-and-spicy-almonds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss carrots, greens, and half the cranberries and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and oil.
- Drizzle salad with vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Garnish with remaining cranberries and almonds.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.