Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiches
Breakfast (or brunch or a light dinner) for one? In these individual quiches, broccoli gives the creamy cheddar and egg a nice crunch; eliminating the crust cuts down on baking time.
Everyday Food, December 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Yield Makes 4
- Butter, for ramekins
- Coarse salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Crusty bread and mixed salad (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish); set aside. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute. Drain well; transfer to a cutting board, and blot dry with paper towels. Chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli and cheese.
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and a mixed-green salad, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.