Grilled Ramps with Asparagus
Grill ramps quickly to make the most of their wild, earthy flavor.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2001
- Yield Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
- 1 bunch (about 20) ramps
- 1 bunch thin asparagus
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Trim and discard the root hairs from ramps. Trim tough ends from asparagus.
- Place ramps and asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Arrange ramps and asparagus on the hot grill in a single layer. Grill until hot and grill marks appear, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to platter, and serve hot or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.