Trofie with Pesto, Green Beans, and Potatoes
Martha Stewart Living, February 2005
- 12 ounces fingerling or small new potatoes
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound trofie (or fusilli or penne)
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- Pesto (http://www.marthastewart.com/262136/pesto)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick rounds or pieces and cover with cold water by 2 inches in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; add salt. Reduce heat to medium; simmer potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Bring one large pot and one medium pot of water to a boil; add salt to both. Add pasta to large pot; cook until al dente. Add green beans to medium pot; cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain pasta and green beans.
- Heat pesto in a large skillet over medium heat until warm. Stir in potatoes, pasta, and green beans; cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.