Seared Scallops with Brown Butter, Capers, and Toasted Almond Sauce
Try this delicious seared scallops recipe from Martha for a truly elegant meal.
The Martha Stewart Show
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Fish Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/281008/fish-stock)
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 diver scallops
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes; set brown butter aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring fish stock and vinegar to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly whisk in remaining 8 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in cooled brown butter until completely emulsified. Stir in capers, almonds, parsley, and 3/4 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Set sauce aside and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to skillet and cook until a light-brown crust forms, about 2 minutes. Turn scallops and continue to cook until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Divide scallops evenly between serving plates; spoon sauce over scallops and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.