Briefly chilling the bowl keeps the cream cold, making it
easier to whip. Crush the espresso beans one at a time so they
don't stick together. Cookies are perfect for dipping; we used
thin chocolate-covered wafer sticks.
Dinner at Home, 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, about 30
- Whisk together cream, sugar, and espresso powder in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream mixture until ready to use.
- Lightly crush espresso beans on a cutting board, 1 at a time, with the side of a large knife. Just before serving, gently fold crushed espresso beans into whipped cream mixture. Spoon into bowls.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.