Coeur a la Creme
This delicious recipe for coeur a la creme is courtesy of Anne Willan.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
- 2 cups creme fraiche, chilled
- 4 large egg whites
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries, for serving
- Sugar, for serving
- Chantilly Cream (http://www.marthastewart.com/282682/chantilly-cream), for serving
- Line six 3/4 cup individual or a 1 quart coeur a la creme mold with cheesecloth; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip creme fraiche until soft peaks form. In a second bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites until stiff. Fold about a quarter of the egg whites into the creme fraiche, and then fold mixture into remaining egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into prepared molds, filling well into the corners. Cover with plastic wrap and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours and up to 36 hours.
- Invert each mold onto a plate and remove mold. Spread chantilly cream over the surface of the coeur a la creme and surround with berries. Place a dragee at the top center of the heart to create a necklace "clasp."
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.