Tandoori Chicken Kebabs
Use plain yogurt as the base for this tangy marinade.
Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2 inches)
- 2 jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- In a blender, puree lime juice, garlic, ginger, and chiles. Add yogurt, and blend until smooth.
- Halve each chicken thigh lengthwise. Thread 4 chicken pieces on each of 4 long skewers. Arrange skewers in a nonmetallic dish; pour marinade over,
and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight, turning periodically.
- Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Place skewers on grill. Cover grill; cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks are visible and chicken is no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.