Turkey and Pancetta Meatballs
Use these turkey meatballs, a leaner alternative to those made with ground beef, to top off Pasta with Mint Pesto and Fava from "Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home."
Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably 7 percent fat
- 1 ounce thinly sliced pancetta, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh fine breadcrumbs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Olive oil, for frying
- Gently mix turkey, pancetta, onion, garlic, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl; season with 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir in the egg and yolk, sage, and zest. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook the meatballs in a single layer (work in two batches, if necessary), turning as needed, until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with parchment paper, then foil, to keep warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.