- 5 medium portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 12 (4 1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 ounces (1 cup) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper. On another rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini and onion with remaining teaspoon oregano and tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place both sheets in oven. Roast, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are browned and fork-tender, 25 to 30 minutes (zucchini may cook faster than mushrooms).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, warm tortillas according to package instructions (they should be lightly browned but still soft). Wrap loosely in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with mushrooms, vegetable mixture, shredded cheese, and salsa.
To clean portobellos, snap off stem, then use a small spoon to gently scrape (then discard) the dark gills from the inside of the cap.