Sfoglia's Spaghetti Carbonara
This delicious pasta dish is courtesy of Ron Suhanosky.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008
- 1/2 cup diced guanciale
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, slowly cook guanciale until the fat has been rendered and the guanciale is crisp. Add pepper and remove from heat.
- Generously salt boiling water and return to a boil; add pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 4 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Add reserved pasta water to skillet. Place skillet over low heat, add egg yolks, and gently swirl pan to combine. Add pasta and cheese; toss to coat. Serve immediately on warmed plates.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.