Crab Salad in Carrot Coulis
- 1 pound picked Dungeness or Peekytoe crab
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head frisee, white part only, washed and dried
- Carrot Coulis (http://www.marthastewart.com/257694/carrot-coulis)
- Cumin Coriander Mousseline (http://www.marthastewart.com/256109/cumin-coriander-mousseline)
- In a medium bowl, combine crab, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper; set aside. In a medium bowl, toss frisee with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons carrot coulis into the center of 4 shallow soup bowls. Spread the coulis in a 4-inch circle. Place a 3-inch ring mold in the center of the coulis. Divide crab between the molds and top each with a small spoonful of mousseline. Carefully remove the ring. Top each plate with one-quarter of the frisee. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.