Roasted Whole Snapper with Mango and Fresh Pepper Chutney
Tamarind nectar is available in Latin-American grocery stores.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 1997
- 1 three-pound whole red snapper, scaled and cleaned
- 1/2 cup tamarind nectar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 two-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Mango and Fresh Pepper Chutney (http://www.marthastewart.com/263418/mango-and-fresh-pepper-chutney)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse fish, and pat dry. Drizzle with tamarind nectar and oil; season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Stuff fish with ginger, cilantro, and lime. Place in roasting pan, and roast until flesh is white, opaque, and moist, about 30 minutes.
- Place on platter. Spoon hot chutney over fish.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.