Five Napkin Burger
This classic burger from chef Andy D'Amico is so delicious it inspired him to open a restaurant of the same name.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2009
- 3 3/4 pounds freshly ground chuck
- 6 soft white hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 12 thin slices Gruyere cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups Caramelized Onions Recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/255529/caramelized-onions-recipe), heated
- 1 cup Aioli Recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/284414/aioli-recipe)
- Divide ground chuck evenly into 6 portions. Using a 4-inch ring mold, evenly pack one portion of the chuck into ring mold to create a 3/4-inch thick patty. Repeat process with remaining chuck.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet or grill pan over high heat. Place burgers on skillet and cook, turning once, until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side. Top each burger with two slices of cheese and continue cooking until melted.
- Place burgers on the bottom half of each bun and top with onions and 1 heaping teaspoon aioli each; top with remaining bun halves and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.