Herbed Turkey Burgers
We serve these burgers with rustic rolls and mustard and lettuce on the side for easy assembly.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2002
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 rustic rolls, for serving
- Lettuce, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until they are soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, mint, parsley, 2 teaspoons of mustard, and shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into four equal parts, and form into patties.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add patties, and cook until underside is brown, about 3 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until other side is brown and center is no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plates; serve immediately with rolls, lettuce, mustard, and tomato salad.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.