- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until evenly browned on all sides, turning as needed. Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and thyme, and discard. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.