Spicy Black Beans
Photography: WILLIAM MEPPEM
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Coarse salt
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add black beans and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. (Add more water for a thinner consistency if necessary.) Season with coarse salt, and garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.